How to hide tab-bar permanently?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Carl-Robert

How to hide tab-bar permanently?

Post by Carl-Robert »

Hey!

I've been trying to hide the tab-bar using userChrome.css with little success. All the old snippets seems to not work anymore, or I'm just doing something wrong.
I want to hide the tab-bar without disabling tabs themselves, since I plan on using https://addons.mozilla.org/fi/seamonkey ... tabs-menu/ this add-on to provide a drop-down menu for them. That way can save some pixels and not run out of space with many tabs open the same time.

So, if anyone has succeeded on hiding the tab-bar, I would be grateful for any snippets to try out. Unless of course it is impossible, which I'd also like to know before wasting too much time on this.
Frank Lion

Re: How to hide tab-bar permanently?

Post by Frank Lion »

Carl-Robert wrote: All the old snippets seems to not work anymore, or I'm just doing something wrong.
Same as always -

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-strip  { display: none !important;}
If that's not working for you in userChrome.css then you're doing something wrong.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Carl-Robert

Post by Carl-Robert »

Yeah, it turned out there was something wrong with my userChrome.css. Made a new one and entered just that command and it worked just fine, so going to re-apply the other stuff too one at a time till find the broken one.

Thanks for fast response!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Carl-Robert wrote:Thanks for fast response!
No problem.

This is useful for editing any .css files - http://www.pnotepad.org/ as it shows 'syntax highlighting' in different colours. Syntax is like making spelling mistakes and code is very unforgiving of them and even putting : instead of ; is enough to stop the whole lot working.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Carl-Robert

Post by Carl-Robert »

.tabbrowser-strip {
visibility: collapse !important; }

Seems to work more reliably than the "display: none" method. Without using collapsing the tabs stop working after a while in a session, unable to close, switch etc until restarted browser. With collapsing, everything works just fine.