Select Windows/Tabs on Restart after Crash?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
bluewizard

Select Windows/Tabs on Restart after Crash?

Post by bluewizard »

I'm not sure what to call this problem, so I couldn't think of what to search for.

In the older version of Seamonkey, when I restarted the Browser after a crash, a small window would pop up giving me the option to either restart the previous Windows and Tabs, or to selectively restart them by unchecking unwanted Windows, or by starting a fresh instance of the browser with NO old Windows reopened.

The new Version does not do that.

The current version, just restarts all the old Window/Tabs, although in some cases it is one of those Windows/Tabs that caused the problem in the first place. I would like the option of a Selective Restart.

Is there a way to enable this feature?

Steve/bluewizard
DanRaisch

Re: Select Windows/Tabs on Restart after Crash?

Post by DanRaisch »

Confirm what is selected under menu path Edit->Preferences->Browser->Display on->Browser Startup. You want to select "Restore previous Session" and then elaborate on that under the "When restoring sessions and windows" section of the dialogue box.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

bluewizard wrote: The current version, just restarts all the old Window/Tabs, although in some cases it is one of those Windows/Tabs that caused the problem in the first place. I would like the option of a Selective Restart.

Is there a way to enable this feature?

Steve/bluewizard
Enter about:config in the addressbar. Search for browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash and that should be 'True'.

Now find browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes and I have that set to 1 (which is probably default) i.e. 1 crash and it restores the session as it was but 2 crashes will bring up the Restore Session? prompt.

It sounds like you should Modify that entry to 0, but that usually means infinity. Anyway, that's how that side works, so fiddle around with those settings.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
bluewizard

Post by bluewizard »

Thanks for the responses. I'll look into these settings.

Steve/bluewizard