Where is the password manager in 2.48

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
L.A.R. Grizzly

Re: Where is the password manager in 2.48

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

SCSilvera wrote:I haven not seen the menu or that specific page. What is it's path or a hyperlink.
Right click in the area just below the Title Bar and check Menu Bar to enable it.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
amrad

Post by amrad »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Yes. I'm using Sea Fox and Classic Toolbar Buttons to make SeaMonkey look like Firefox.
OK, thanks.

Regards,

Dave.
SCSilvera

Post by SCSilvera »

You are showing: "Where is the password manager in 2.48 * MoillaZine Forums - SeaMonkey" in the screenshot. 1st off did you actually get that screen from withing the Forum? If so how, I tried but could not figure it out.
I'm an old fart who is dealing with memory issues. Please give me a link or a path to get to the Tools Dropdown.http://forums.mozillazine.org/posting.p ... p=14760021#
SCSilvera

Post by SCSilvera »

Heck I cannot even get an emoji to show.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

SCSilvera wrote:I'm an old fart who is dealing with memory issues.
No problem, you should have said before.

Use this as your hyperlink to the password manager -

chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul

...and change your password there.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
SCSilvera

Post by SCSilvera »

The SM password manager is not in Chrome. So I used seamonkey://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul
I got that dumb duck again:

How to go to "Manage Stored Passwords" ? - Google Groups
I am sticking with SeaMonkey 2.26.1 until saved passwords can ... //passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul ... How to go to "Manage Stored Passwords" ? Date: ...
[Search domain groups.google.com] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozil ... ey/EZ5jARg...
Chrome URLs - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Finding Chrome URLs ... In 2011 and later versions of Firefox and SeaMonkey, most built-in chrome content is ... //passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul (this went back to Duckie)
[Search domain kb.mozillazine.org] kb.mozillazine.org/Chrome_URLs (this went Chrome URLs)

Is there a way to stop the stupid duck?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

SCSilvera wrote: So I used ...
Put the following - chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul - just as it is in the addressbar and press Enter.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
SCSilvera

Post by SCSilvera »

I did that and got a list of Site, Username, Last Used, last changed, but no passwords. This can't be the password manager, it more of a site I've been too in the past since I got this machine.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

SCSilvera wrote:I did that and got a list of Site, Username, Last Used, last changed, but no passwords. This can't be the password manager, it more of a site I've been too in the past since I got this machine.
It is! Click on the Show Passwords button in the lower right corner.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

SCSilvera wrote:I did that and got a list of Site, Username, Last Used, last changed, but no passwords. This can't be the password manager, it more of a site I've been too in the past since I got this machine.
You have to believe that one of us in this conversation knows exactly what they are doing. In this case, that would be me.

Now examine the bottom right corner of that 'page' - where it says 'Show Passwords'...and then press it.
SCSilvera

Post by SCSilvera »

Frank Lion wrote:
You have to believe that one of us in this conversation knows exactly what they are doing. In this case, that would be me.

Now examine the bottom right corner of that 'page' - where it says 'Show Passwords'...and then press it.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I feel like and idiot. I was so focused the 4 column. I had the window at full screen and did not notice the lower corner has anything!

THANK YOU FOR YOU PATIENCE !!!!!!!
SCSilvera

Post by SCSilvera »

O, buy the way I had a cat that looked very much like your image. He was the best cat I've had. When it was hot he would sit in the sprinkler to cool off, one smart cat like you! I should find out how insert and image. It will be an old rust truck.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

SCSilvera wrote:THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE !!!!!!!
No problem.

Frank :)
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

When I use Tools, Data Manager, the Paswords tab is not active.
I do have Tools, Password Manager though, probably because I also have Sea Fox installed.

Simple fix, install Sea Fox.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
frg

Post by frg »

> Simple fix, install Sea Fox.

This is not a fix. You should check what is broken in your profile. The error console might give a hint when you open the Data Manager.

FRG