Copy & Paste of Bookmarks-folder does not work, Cut & Paste

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Hi,

Been waiting for the above bug to be fixed for a while. Its been there since around version 2.38, and still not even assigned.

I cannot upgrade without the Bookmarks feature working properly, and I wonder if its going to be addressed, and when?
frg

Re: Copy & Paste of Bookmarks-folder does not work, Cut & Pa

Post by frg »

> , and I wonder if its going to be addressed, and when?

Sure it does. Just not a very urgent bug. You can easily avoid it by not doing cut and paste :) I just drag folders with the mouse if I want to move one. I think I have found the original Firefox bug which caused it this weekend but backporting it is not that easy.

If no one else fixes it I will do it when I find the time. While I avoid being bitten by it it doesn't mean I like it unfixed.

FFRG
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

Thanks for answering so quickly, and for the intention.
You can easily avoid it by not doing cut and paste
Actually, I can't. Not with the way I use the Bookmarks module. It is being used extensively, and among several profiles of gecko-based browsers.
"Problem" ( :wink: ) is, SeaMonkey is my default browser and the one with the main bookmarks list.

Anyway, I follow that bug, so I'll know. I was just worried it will not be addressed, as others of that module never did.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Sanny wrote:
frg wrote:You can easily avoid it by not doing cut and paste
Actually, I can't. Not with the way I use the Bookmarks module.
Instead of sidebar you can use Bookmarks Manager (Ctrl+b). Just tested and Ctrl+x Ctrl+v works correct.
--
Sanny

Post by Sanny »

I tried as you described, ctrl+x of a folder on the bookmarks manager, and paste it under a different folder.
It doesn't work.

Also, I can't take the risk of losing any part of the fields of each of the bookmarks in a folder. I use the description for notes regarding the sites, and that data has been collected over time.

I'll just have to wait till it's fixed.

Thanks for looking into this.