SeaMonkey Title Bar Context Menu List Blank

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
MDGould

SeaMonkey Title Bar Context Menu List Blank

Post by MDGould »

Here's the issue...

I restart Windows 7. Once completed, I open the explorer window for any folder. Right click on that folder's title bar and the appropriate context menu list is displayed. I then start SeaMonkey 2.48 Once SeaMonkey has completed loading/opening, right click on any SeaMonkey window title bar and the pop down context menu, while it appears the correct length, it is all blank entries. Right click on the title bar of the previously opened folder, and now it's context menu list is all blank entries. Close SeaMonkey and the folder context menu is still blank. The folder context menu is not corrected until Windows is again restarted.

I have tried starting SeaMonkey in safe mode. Problem still occurs. Removed all add ons. Problem still occurs. Uninstalled SeaMonkey 2.48 and re-installed 2.46. Problem still exists.

This did not start when 2.48 was initially installed. Not sure of any auto updates that may have occurred giving birth to the problem. Somehow, loading/starting SeaMonkey, not only does not have it's own title bar context menu, but corrupts the context menu for Windows folders. Did note that not all title bar context menus are corrupted, i.e. an open Excel window will display correct title bar context menu.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks much!!
therube

Re: SeaMonkey Title Bar Context Menu List Blank

Post by therube »

Sound like same issue here, File menu "Open" and "Save As" dialog box text invisible.
No "solution" posted, but a new Profile did clear up the issue...

So presumably something Profile related, just don't know what?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
MDGould

Post by MDGould »

Thanks therube

I actually just discovered this morning that I do in fact have the same dialog box issue as well. I tried creating a new profile before this though, and didn't see it correct the context menu issue. I'm going to try again. with a windows restart and see how that goes.

Thanks so much for the feedback!!
MDGould

Post by MDGould »

Problem still exists with new profile. :(
therube

Post by therube »

Try Safe Mode.

Try 2.46 again, with a new Profile, without & with Safe Mode.

Maybe start Windows in Safe Mode & see if that makes any difference?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
MDGould

Post by MDGould »

I've tried it all, with no luck in resolving or pin pointing the issue.

Is it possible something became corrupted in the windows registry? After restarting windows, there is nothing wrong with the system menu (displayed when right click on a window title bar) or dialog boxes, for any program, until SeaMonkey is started.
amrad

Post by amrad »

Try F11.

Dave.
MDGould

Post by MDGould »

F11... full screen? I get it, eliminate the title bar completely, then don't worry about the system menu, it's no longer available. =D> lol

I cycled it, no change.
MDGould

Post by MDGould »

I greatly appreciate the feedback... but, it appears this may have been a Windows issue. Did a routine windows update this morning, and the problem has disappeared.

Thanks again!