How can I stop seamonkey from getting messages forwarded thr

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
jgreer

How can I stop seamonkey from getting messages forwarded thr

Post by jgreer »

I just switched my seamonkey from roadrunner to gmail and have successfully connected them. The problem I'm having is that whenever I forward an email through the gmail website, it also goes to my seamonkey client even though I didn't put my address in the email. It also goes to my sent folder on the webmail page, which I want, but I don't want every message I send through gmail to go to seamonkey too. I'm busy deleting lots of sent messages on my email client.
DanRaisch

Re: How can I stop seamonkey from getting messages forwarded

Post by DanRaisch »

That has nothing to do with SeaMonkey and everything to do with the non-standard way in which Gmail handles messages sent on their service through an email client (SeaMonkey in this case.)
How is the account set up in SeaMonkey, as POP or IMAP?
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

Does it show up in your inbox or in another folder?
jgreer

Post by jgreer »

It's POP and it shows up in my inbox. I've already been to Gmail several times. They want me to uninstall all the work I've already done that links gmail to seamonkey and use IMAP. I'm not willing to do that. What a mess that would be to do! The last tech suggested I contact you guys.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It would not be necessary to remove the POP Gmail account before setting up that same email address as an IMAP account but that would not change the situation. It's an anomaly in the way Gmail deals with email clients.
You could set up a filters in Gmail (not in Thunderbird) to delete incoming messages sent from your Gmail address.