[solved] problem with FireFTP for SM

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
brynn

[solved] problem with FireFTP for SM

Post by brynn »

H Friends,
I'm a new SM user, and just installed FireFTP for SM, apparently successfully. But since Firefox (my previous browser) dumped the original FireFTP so suddenly, I wasn't able to look at how I had it set up. I've managed to set it up, as far as I can tell. But something is wrong -- either with the way I have it set up, or with the program, and I can't find the problem.

I can connect through FireFTP, as I used to, I registered the key, and I can see the files on the server. I can upload and download with no problem. But the uploaded files aren't visible on the internet. I asked my host about it, and they said the problem is that I don't own the images I'm uploading. They said they changed the ownership of the images, and now they show up. But why should that be necessary, since I already own them?!! And plus, it was working fine with Firefox.

I've looked at the FireFTP support site, and read through a lot of that faq page. But there's a limit to what I can understand. (Plus, it seems to be explaining about features which I've never seen in FireFTP.)

Can anyone understand by what I've explained, what I might be doing wrong? Do I need to change something in FireFTP?

My host is telling me to use cPanel to upload, but cPanel isn't secure. I need either SFTP or SSH, and I thought FireFTP provided SFTP. Doesn't it?

Thanks for your help, if you can :)
Last edited by brynn on December 7th, 2017, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
brynn

Re: problem with FireFTP for SM

Post by brynn »

Oh, good news! I finally got it sorted out. I'm still pretty new with managing my own server, so there is a lot to learn.

Chalk it up to user error :D
ElTxolo

Re: [solved] problem with FireFTP for SM

Post by ElTxolo »

Chalk it up to user error :D

:lol:
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240412 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
brynn

Re: [solved] problem with FireFTP for SM

Post by brynn »

Hah, well the gun is probably a little extreme. But a coffee break is probably in order :D