add-on which highlights the active tab?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
brynn

add-on which highlights the active tab?

Post by brynn »

Hi Friends,
I've spent a good deal of time looking through available add ons. But so far, I haven't found one which will highlight the active tab. Or gray out the inactive tabs would work as well.

I found Sea Fox, which might do something like this. But some of the things it does, I don't want.

Has anyone come across an add on which both works with SM and highlights the active tab?

Thank you very much :D

Edit
Oh sorry. Maybe I should have posted in the SM Features board? Please move this if necessary.
therube

Re: add-on which highlights the active tab?

Post by therube »

userChrome.css

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

/* http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#app_tab
   search?  tab color */

/* Change color of active tab */ 
tab{
   -moz-appearance: none !important; 
} 
tab[selected="true"] { 
   background-color: rgb(0,153,255) !important; 
   color: black !important; }
Adjust the rgb(x,x,x) to a color that works for you.
https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

brynn wrote:... I haven't found one which will highlight the active tab.
  • :-k I'm using this code (in userChrome.css):

Code: Select all

/* Change text color of not visited tabs - Yellow */
     .tabbrowser-tab:not([visited]) .tab-text {color:#FFFF00!important;font-style:bold!important}

/* Change text color of active tab - Black */
    .tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"] .tab-text {color:#000000!important;font-weight:bold;font-style:oblique!important}

/* Change text color of loading tab - Orange */
    .tabbrowser-tab[busy] .tab-text {color:#FFA500!important;font-weight:bold}

• Not visited tabs - Yellow
  • Active tab - Black
  • Loading tab - Orange

Cheers! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
brynn

Post by brynn »

Oh nice! I'll try one or the other of those. Or maybe both, since one changes the text color and the other changes the tab color.

Oh....but wait. ElTxolo, I see in your screenshot that the active tab is white. I don't necessarily need the text to change, although I might find some way to use it. But it's how that tab stands out because it's white, and, well at least the one next to it is blue. But you also have some other addon that I don't have, because my tabs have square corners, while yours are slightly rounded. So maybe the white comes from something else?

Where can I find user.Chrome.css?
frg

Post by frg »

> I've spent a good deal of time looking through available add ons. But so far, I haven't found one which will highlight the active tab. Or gray out the inactive tabs would work as well.

Do you use the classic or basic Windows theme? With my Aero theme it is white and the inactive tabs are gray.

With classic and Linux they are all gray. There is a bug open for this which I intend to fix for 2.49.2 but not sure if it will make it for this release.

FRG
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

brynn wrote:.... ElTxolo, I see in your screenshot that the active tab is white. I don't necessarily need the text to change, although I might find some way to use it. But it's how that tab stands out because it's white, and, well at least the one next to it is blue. But you also have some other addon that I don't have, because my tabs have square corners, while yours are slightly rounded. So maybe the white comes from something else?
  • :-k Well, from my point of view, the active tab is a light grey color.

The active tab, is that color (light grey). And with those rounded/curves by default, with the theme I use 'Venerable Modern'

And, I don't use any extension, to change the look of the tabs. (Just the code, of my previous message,
    added to the userChrome.css file; to change the color of the text in the tabs
    )
brynn wrote:.... Where can I find user.Chrome.css?
  • @therube, already told you where the userChrome.css file is.

WindoZe 7:
  • C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\<profile folder>\chrome\userChrome.css

Cheers! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
brynn

Post by brynn »

Oh yes, I do use a Classic Windows theme - hated the appearance of the Aero themes. I like some of the other features it provides, but I just couldn't get past the appearance.
With classic and Linux they are all gray. There is a bug open for this which I intend to fix for 2.49.2 but not sure if it will make it for this release.
Hhmm.... If I made one or both of those fixes with the chrome.css file now, and then sometime in the relatively near future, you fix that bug, what would happen? Would it still continue to uses the fixes I added? Or would the bug fix override those? Or would I have to undo the chrome.css fixes, to allow the bug fix to work?
@therube, already told you where the userChrome.css file is
I apologize for missing the clue.