Composer Find function does not work

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
fsinclaire

Composer Find function does not work

Post by fsinclaire »

I have SeaMonkey 2.49.1 on a Mac Retina with Sierra. In Composer, the Find function (CMD F) does nothing; neither does "Edit>>Find...". With an HTML page open in Composer at any of the tabs ("Normal" or "HTML Tags" or "<HTML> Source" or "Preview"), CMD F generates nothing: no space appears in or on which to type a search item; if I simply type a search item, it does not become highlighted in the text. Is there something somewhere I need to turn on or turn off? Thank you.
isaacschemm

Re: Composer Find function does not work

Post by isaacschemm »

Ctrl+F is working for me on 2.49.1 (I'm on Windows) but I've had problems with it in other versions.

You could use the Find and Replace dialog instead (Ctrl+H, also in the Edit menu).
fsinclaire

Post by fsinclaire »

isaacschemm, Thanks for the tip. You're right, Find & Replace (Option CMD F on a Mac) does work. Put the search term in the Find Text space, leave the Replace With space empty, and click on Find Next (or, to be safe, put the search term in both the Find Text space and the Replace With space, to protect against accidentally generating an unwanted Replace with nothing, or a deletion).
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript