Seamonkey slow to load home page at start up

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
therube

Re: Seamonkey slow to load home page at start up

Post by therube »

deleting the contents of the Safebrowsing folder
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Stereodoc

Post by Stereodoc »

Pete,
My homepage is still Google. I simply deleted the contents of the Safebrowsing folder for the given profile. I also turned off Safebrowsing option in Preferences and so far so good. that's all I did. It's been almost 2 weeks now without issue. Can't say that I like having Safebrowsing turned off but it is what it is and I don't stray much from my usual websites so I'm not overly concerned. This is the first time I have had to depart from default when installing SM. I do think the Safebrowsing files that caused the slow down are related to Google but I'm not 100% sure about that either. I haven't really tested that theory. I'm going with what I got and am satisfied, at least for now.
frg

Post by frg »

You can turn it on again. Even when you disable safebrowsing the list fetch (which caused the problem) is always done in the background.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

S, I'm not familiar with Safebrowsing so I guess I'm not susceptible to what you experienced.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Stereodoc

Post by Stereodoc »

A quick update since my last post. It's been a couple of weeks now with the Safe Browsing option disabled and all has been working fine. Haven't had to touch the Safe Browsing folder either.

I'll try what frg mentioned and go from there.

Pete, The Safe Browsing option is in Privacy&Security in the Preferences section of the Edit menu.

Unless anything changes, I won't be posting in this thread again.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Bob
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Stereodoc wrote:Unless anything changes, I won't be posting in this thread again.
Manual update only:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... key2.49.2/