Email Account Cleanup ?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wpr

Email Account Cleanup ?

Post by wpr »

I currently have 3 email accounts active. My email folder has 8 email folders, with only 3 having recent updates.

Is there a way for SeaMonkey to remove the inactive account folders? I couldn't find anything addressing this issue.

Thanks for any info.

P.S. A recommendation to the developers: why not have the account folders have the same name as the email account name?
amrad

Re: Email Account Cleanup ?

Post by amrad »

@ wpr,

In SeaMonkey Mail, go to: Tools | Switch Profile | Manage Profiles

You can create/delete profiles in that. Make sure you first copy/move any wanted emails from the profiles you want to delete! ;)

Regards,

Dave.
amrad

Post by amrad »

@ wpr,

See the images in the links below:

This is SeaMonkey Mail, which shows the Account Name at the top of the Folders Pane.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt22 ... omczcz.jpg

This is the SeaMonkey Mail & Newsgroup Account settings. The account name shown in the previous photo is entered in the Account Name box.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt22 ... zzplsg.jpg

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave.
wpr

Post by wpr »

Thanks for your replies but you don't understand what I'm looking for.

I have only one profile being used. In this profile, there are only 3 email accounts showing in the Mail & Newsgroups window. However, there are 8 different folders (each representing a unique email address) in my Mail folder.

I asked about letting SeaMonkey remove/delete the 5 email folders that are no longer being used. It appears that SeaMonkey does not delete the folders when one selects Remove Account (an email account).

I imagine that I can delete them in Windows Explorer, correct?
amrad

Post by amrad »

@wpr,
wpr wrote:I have only one profile being used. In this profile, there are only 3 email accounts showing in the Mail & Newsgroups window. However, there are 8 different folders (each representing a unique email address) in my Mail folder.
Presumably you created the eight folders with unique email addresses? In that case, right click on the folder you want to remove and select 'Delete'. You could also do that in Windows Explorer (with SeaMonkey closed), if you wish.

Regards,

Dave.