CFM

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Reed1003

CFM

Post by Reed1003 »

Hello... SeaMonkey 2.49.1 does not work for me with cfm files. In Firefox on a webpage these files will display my needed information while in SeaMonkey they attempt a download with no success.
Can anyone assist?
Grumpus

Re: CFM

Post by Grumpus »

If you open Preferences/Helper applications is .cfm listed. (Adobe Cold Fusion)?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Reed1003

Post by Reed1003 »

Hello, thank you for the reply. After I posted my message I looked the helper applications section.... And no it is not.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Maybe this will help - down the bottom - Add or remove a File Type
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

You cannot add a file type. That is the problem. The link you posted says that.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Probably wrong or remembering something from the past but . . . (guessing SeaMonkey has same recognition control in Helper Applications
. . . if under /General/Downloads if set to ask where to download a file, Firefox then records the file type and places it in the Applications list.
Before 57 there was a healthy list of file-types which seemed to be created this way and the default appears to be set to always ask in the actions column.
Sorry if this has been disabled or never existed.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

What used to happen was that whatever applications were associated with filetypes in the operating system would be copied, but that does not seem to happen any more.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Looking in about:config - this for Linux but may apply with a different folder the two items:
helpers.global_mime_types_file and helpers.private_mime_types_file tell where the system files are located.
In this system it's an editable file using admin privileges and maybe in Macs there's a similar editable file to add the CFM file type.
I also seem to remember an item which had the file types listed but that may have been replaced with the two items above.
Maybe someone knows the wording to add a string value with the file type(s), might help.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Those items are not in about:config for Mac SeaMonkey (or Mac Pale Moon, which is based on an older version of Firefox).
Downloads simply asks where you want the downloads to go. With SeaMonkey it also asks whether to open the download manager or not, what kind of alert to use, and whether to remove download entries.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

They were both in Firefox and Sea Monkey for Linux Mint, maybe there's an alternative, also in Ubuntu .
If you download a CFM does it show-up in the application list after a restart?
Can you search about:config and see if there is a mimetype or filetype related item in Macs?
It doesn't seem logical for the control to be completely missing.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

In about:config there is only one item relating to filetype and that is for JSView, an extension. There is not much for mime either. There is one security item and the rest are related to mail.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Even though not on a Mac I tried to find a cfm file to download to see if it would be recognized once downloaded.
What I did find is it appears Mac has the ability to change the filetype to PDF for at least a read.
If this is accurate it may be more of a system issue for the file type.
Thinking somewhat like with Windows and other systems the ability to select a several softwares to open or set a default.