Opening and NOT saving Attachments

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
panandtilt

Opening and NOT saving Attachments

Post by panandtilt »

Been using Seamonkey since I can remember , ions ...this is the first time I have to post for a issue.
I no longer seem to be able just open a email attachment, specifically .pdfs, without having to download them first to my hard drive.
Have Adobe reader loaded on the workstation. No problem using Thunderbird or other email clients.
Plug in is installed. Any insight or solution would greatly be appreciated before I unistall and try a reinstall
V 2.46
therube

Re: Opening and NOT saving Attachments

Post by therube »

So with the same email, SeaMonkey wants to save the pdf (first), where TB opens it "directly" (into Adobe Reader)?

Check your settings, perhaps.
Edit | Preferences | Browser -> Helper Applications => Adobe*.
(And I thought there was a separate item for "pdf" or similar, but not finding that at this time?)

(I don't know if the Mail end has separate settings for this or not?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
panandtilt

Post by panandtilt »

Yup, the only option I have if I either right click the attachments or just double click the attachment is for the download manager to open and then asks where to save it on the drive. Most the time I just want to open it (with Seamonkey opening adobe ) without actually saving it.
I actually had the same issue through the browser when I clicked a .pdf link on a website.
Adobe is in the helper application window.
Odd thing is this just started doing this within the last day so I’m trying tip retrace my steps but I haven’t downloaded any applications recently.

Adobe launched properly with all other clients and browsers ( TB, FF , Chrome etc)
Just had me perplexed :)
therube

Post by therube »

Is this with all .pdf or only some?
If the mime-type is incorrect (Mozilla) will prompt for an action to do with the (one might say) stream.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
panandtilt

Post by panandtilt »

Just with all .pdf's, either through email or from the SeaMonkey Browser (website link for example to a .pdf)
All other attachments give me a prompt window to save or open with that particular file extension program
panandtilt

Post by panandtilt »

Update
Reinstalled, Issue resolved
Thank you therube for your posts :)