SeaMonkey Mail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
WaltS48

Re: SeaMonkey Mail

Post by WaltS48 »

@TPR75

Thanks for that!

I have seen "-------- Original Message --------" in some messages I have received, but not all messages, and never when I have replied.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
dogbows

Post by dogbows »

Thanks! My curiosity and my desire to keep SeaMonkey got the best of me. So I came back to see what you had to say.

I knew I had not had that -------original message------- for years. I am quite sure now that someone like you walked me though removing it years ago and it had remained gone with all upgrades until 2.49.2.

As far as the crashing goes, even though I am currently back in 2.49.1 when I did upgrade to 2.49.2, it seems to have done something that stopped the crashing. The only thing I have still experienced that I had before is that SeaMonkey would sometimes freeze up instead of crashing. I would then have to close out both SeaMonkey browser and mail to restart.

Since removing the "original message" per your instructions, SeaMonkey seems to be back to normal for me. I will again upgrade to 2.49.2.

Thank you very much!
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

dogbows wrote:The only thing I have still experienced that I had before is that SeaMonkey would sometimes freeze up instead of crashing.
Probably bad written scripts on websites. In that case just wait until it will be processed (e.g. few seconds on this site:http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html)
... or wait until a message will pop-up with option to terminate such bad script.

Using e.g. add-blocker it is possible to filter such scripts.
--
dogbows

Post by dogbows »

Maybe, but the same sites and/or pages do not freeze now that I upgraded to 2.49.2 again. Even this site was also freezing sometimes when I was trying to reply to you, but not anymore. Everything is smooth as silk thanks to you, TPR75. You made me happy with SeaMonkey again. It is much appreciated.
Noah Werka

Post by Noah Werka »

This might be easier to get the same results:

Go to Mail & Newsgroups under Edit...
Go to Mail & Newsgoups Account Settings...
Composition and Addressing...
Uncheck "Automatically quote original message when replying"...

Don't have to mess with "about:config".

Noah W
dogbows

Post by dogbows »

Thanks, Noah, but I want the actual original message to be there. I just don't want the line that says it's the original message.