IMAGES NOT SHOWING

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wwe

IMAGES NOT SHOWING

Post by wwe »

This is actually a problem that I've had for many years.

I use an IMAC (HIGH SIERRA) and when I get notices of listing from EBAY in mail it does not show the picture of the item. The only way I can view it is to copy the site and paste it into another browser like SAFARI and everything works fine.

Anyone know why this just happens in SEAMONKEY and if there is a way to correct it
TPR75

Re: IMAGES NOT SHOWING

Post by TPR75 »

wwe wrote:[...]when I get notices of listing from EBAY in mail it does not show the picture of the item.
It's good. By default you shouldn't see any remote pictures in e-mail (safety reasons, you know). You can enable this:
Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups -> Message Display -> in field "General" uncheck option "Block images and other content from remote sources"

Usually such messages/e-mails have URL to open it in browser if you want to see all content (without permanently enabling above function).

If you can't see images in your browser... well, something is blocking them. Maybe script, maybe add-blocker, maybe external security soft like some AV with web filtering. It's hard to say.

Besides there is update of SeaMonkey to version 2.49.2 but you must do it manually:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.49.2
--
wwe

Post by wwe »

Many thanks for the reply but I do already have the "Block images...." unchecked

I agree that it's very hard to say what the reason SM blocks them from viewing!

I'll go to the new update. Thanks
wwe

Post by wwe »

Many thanks for the reply but I do already have the "Block images...." unchecked

I agree that it's very hard to say what the reason SM blocks them from viewing!

I'll go to the new update. Thanks
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

wwe wrote:I agree that it's very hard to say what the reason SM blocks them from viewing!
Create new profile (for test only), don't make any changes and try to open such website. If it's still not working then try to run it in "Safe Mode":
Menu -> Help -> Restart with Add-ons Disabled
--
wwe

Post by wwe »

TPR75 wrote:
wwe wrote:I agree that it's very hard to say what the reason SM blocks them from viewing!
Create new profile (for test only), don't make any changes and try to open such website. If it's still not working then try to run it in "Safe Mode":
Menu -> Help -> Restart with Add-ons Disabled
OK. Thanks I'll try that!