Recovery After Windows 7 Crash

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
troothteller

Re: Recovery After Windows 7 Crash

Post by troothteller »

I got this profile problem figured out. When I chose a profile, I actually chose a file containing a profile. So, there were "layers" of file names I had to open before getting to the actual profile. Normally these profiles have cryptic names; but I was not actually opening the profile, just another file or files containing it.
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

I have a Profile folder I created where in the Mail folder I have the icons with the names of the email folders I created without the extensions .msf, .sbd and .dat. Should I keep this filterlog? After researching the filterlog, I kept it; but the repair operation failed. SeaMonkey opens with this repaired Profile; but only showing Inbox and Trash, not my other folders.
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

I can conclude the matter that created this thread, recovering the data I set like extensions, profiles, messages and bookmarks. After creating a new Profile folder, I gradually rebuilt my default folder as it was, one at a time moving my icons for each mail folder into it, then the browser folders except for the ones that appear system created. Folders that were empty I did not bother with. My bookmarks are not all restored, which will take work; but I had found a folder that had the contents of my old user account established before my system crashed. My older Profiles were in it, particularly my last default one. I will have to backup this Profile as it is. Somehow I knew hiding somewhere that old Profile had to exist on this computer.