User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
DanRaisch

Re: SeaMonkey email login fails password check

Post by DanRaisch »

Good luck.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

DanRaisch wrote:OK, one of our forum regulars suggests that you try renaming the file prefs.js on the problem PC to prefsjs.old. Then copy the file prefs.js from the PC where SeaMonkey is working and paste that into the problem profile. That will tell us if the issue is located in that file on the currently non-working system.

You can find that file in the SeaMonkey profile -=- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey
Dan, the file on both PCs is just names prefs (without the "js"). I copied prefs from the good PC, renamed prefs on injured PC to prefs.old, then pasted the prefs from the good PC into the profile folder on the injured PC, then restarted SM. (I assume there was no need to reboot the PC.)

Nothing changed, nothing happens except saying "looking up inbound.att.com" at the bottom for a second or two. Moreover, just like before there are no passwords for this account visible in the passwords section.

I'm still receptive to any ideas.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's probably not showing up as prefs.js because Windows 7 is not set to show file extensions. https://www.howtohaven.com/system/show- ... orer.shtml

OK try also copying over the files cert8.db, key3.db, and signons.sqlite, again from the working profile to the non-working profile. And again, rename the files on the problem side before pasting in the files from the working profile.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

DanRaisch wrote:OK try also copying over the files cert8.db, key3.db, and signons.sqlite, again from the working profile to the non-working profile. And again, rename the files on the problem side before pasting in the files from the working profile.
Dan, no go! SeaMonkey 2.48 didn't like the upgraded file(s) and wanted me to do a reinstall.

I deleted the upgraded files and seem to back to being launchable.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete