MozillaZine

2 AT&T accts don't work on 1 PC, but are fine on another

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Peter Creasey

User avatar
 
Posts: 498
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Texas

Post Posted April 5th, 2018, 10:59 am

DanRaisch wrote:OK try also copying over the files cert8.db, key3.db, and signons.sqlite, again from the working profile to the non-working profile. And again, rename the files on the problem side before pasting in the files from the working profile.


Dan, no go! I did what you said along with the prefs file and SeaMonkey 2.48 didn't like the upgraded file(s) and wanted me to do a reinstall.

I deleted the upgraded files and SM seems to back to being launchable.

NOTE: This issue is back on the earlier problem on a PC with Windows XP and SeaMonkey 2.48, the 2 AT&T accounts just cycle and don't do anything on retrieval. The accounts work fine on another PC with SM 2.49.2 and exactly the same settings.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 120138
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted April 5th, 2018, 12:40 pm

Peter, this would be a lot easier to follow if you would stick to one thread per issue. Things get very confusing when bits and pieces of a discussion are in multiple threads.

Peter Creasey

User avatar
 
Posts: 498
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Texas

Post Posted April 5th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Dan, the dialogue on this issue was tabled and was mixed up with with the compuserve pop/imap thread. At that time, we thought the compuserve and ATT issues might have been connected. No question, things were an intermingled mess for a while until they got sorted out.

I figured it would be easier to break it out to a thread on its own now that we know it is a separate SeaMonkey issue having to do with an XP PC and SM 2.48.

When we tabled this issue, we had just tried to fix the components in the problem profile folder but the insertion of the 4 components caused SeaMonkey to be unlaunchable. I had to restore the prior copies of the 4 components before SM would launch.

Please tell me what can I do to be accommodating with this issue and I'll try to get it done. I'm happy to do whatever makes sense.

Thanks!
. . . . . . . . . . Pete

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 120138
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted April 5th, 2018, 4:17 pm

OK, I see what you're saying.

Have you tried to install SeaMonkey 2.49.2 on the XP machine?

Peter Creasey

User avatar
 
Posts: 498
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Texas

Post Posted April 5th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Dan, my understanding from reading here is that SM 2.49.2 is not suitable for XP so, no, I have carefully avoided the upgrade.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete

frg
 
Posts: 614
Joined: December 15th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Post Posted April 6th, 2018, 12:32 am

> Dan, my understanding from reading here is that SM 2.49.2 is not suitable for XP so, no, I have carefully avoided the upgrade.

I am using 2.49.2 under XP myself. Works fine for me. The 2.49.x releases are still supported on XP. Just back up your profile in case you want to go back to 2.48 and try it. 2.49.3 is already in the works. Hopefully next week if the last osx builder doesn't quit before. ewong has some problems with it and the new infrastructure is still in the works.

You can pick 2.49.3 candidate 1 if you like:

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonk ... ned/win32/

Missing a sec fix but so is 2.49.2. Build 2 which should be the final is underway.

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 20059
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted April 6th, 2018, 5:52 am

Peter Creasey wrote:Dan, my understanding from reading here is that SM 2.49.2 is not suitable for XP so, no, I have carefully avoided the upgrade.

Nope, that's not right -

viewtopic.php?p=14751967#p14751967

Plus, I've used 2.49.2 on XP....
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Peter Creasey

User avatar
 
Posts: 498
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Texas

Post Posted April 6th, 2018, 6:41 am

Thanks, guys, that's good to hear. I'll upgrade my XP PC.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete

Peter Creasey

User avatar
 
Posts: 498
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Texas

Post Posted April 6th, 2018, 8:24 am

DanRaisch wrote:OK, I see what you're saying. Have you tried to install SeaMonkey 2.49.2 on the XP machine?


Dan etal, okay, good news all the way around thus far.

I upgraded the XP PC to SM 2.49.2, then took the 4 files (cert8, key3, signon.sqlite, and prefs) from the PC with the good profile and pasted them as replacements in the PC with the bad profile.

So far, everything seems to be working now.

My thanks to all the helpful SM folks here, especially in this case, Dan.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 120138
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted April 6th, 2018, 8:36 am

You're welcome. And thanks for reporting back with the results.

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests