SEAMONKEY EMAIL

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
thefillanator

SEAMONKEY EMAIL

Post by thefillanator »

Hi;

My Old computer finally bit the dust (after 12 years of loyal service) and I had to get a new one. Of course
seeing that it's on it's last legs I was doing backups on a regular basis. So now I've got a new computer
and I downloaded the Latest SEAMONKEY, I transferred over my Bookmarks, Address Book, and Email Folders.
Everything works fine, I can Receive / Send emails , auto-complete works with email addresses.

The thing I can't seem to set is the number of messages in each mailbox Folder. Previously I would see
a list of folders and beside it , it would have the number of messages, but I can't seem to set that with
this version and this was a setting I used but now I can't find the setting .

Any ideas, what do I have to set?

Thanks .
Phil
Frank Lion

Re: SEAMONKEY EMAIL

Post by Frank Lion »

See where it reads 'Name' at the top? To the right of that is a little square box - click that to add the Unread/Total/Size columns .
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

thefillanator wrote:I transferred over my Bookmarks, Address Book, and Email Folders.
You can transfer entire profile, not just some files. Make copy (backup/archive) of your SeaMonkey profiles folder:

Code: Select all

c:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\
Move/Copy it to a new PC in the same place/path like on old PC. You can do this before installing SeaMonkey and installer will accept without problems. If you installed SeaMonkey already and new "default" profiles were made but you want old profiles then:
1) you don't care about new "default" - delete everything inside of new SeaMonkey profile folder (path like above) and copy/move old one here,
2) if you want keep new profiles (for some reason) - copy old profiles but you need to edit "profiles.ini" to let SeaMonkey know where to find old profiles.
thefillanator wrote:The thing I can't seem to set is the number of messages in each mailbox Folder. Previously I would see
a list of folders[...]
If you copied/moved just some files from old to new profile then there can be problems e.g. with view. If you can't see folders tree in your account then click "triangle" left to account's name:

It can be just collapsed/folded (triangle points right). You can set additional columns like Frank Lion wrote but you don't need to because uncollapsed/unfolded folder tree (triangle points down) will show numbers as usual.
--
thefillanator

Post by thefillanator »

HI;

Thanks that did the trick.