Sync the Sent Folder(s)?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Eakamai

Sync the Sent Folder(s)?

Post by Eakamai »

I might have asked this many many moons ago but I'm unable to find anything on it:
Whether or not it was possible to sync the sent folders between computers running SM as POP3 email clients?

I can handle the different incoming boxes etc., but wanted to be able to sync the Sent folders.
I am unable to setup IMAP mode just yet and until I do, syncing the SENT folders would help immensely.

Appreciate any ideas

Thank you!
DanRaisch

Re: Sync the Sent Folder(s)?

Post by DanRaisch »

Sorry but the POP email protocol doesn't provide for access to the Sent folder through an email client like SeaMonkey or Thunderbird. The only folder the client can see with a POP account is the server inbox.
Eakamai

Post by Eakamai »

DanRaisch wrote:Sorry but the POP email protocol doesn't provide for access to the Sent folder through an email client like SeaMonkey or Thunderbird. The only folder the client can see with a POP account is the server inbox.
What about simply linking [networking or other] or copying the folders from the other systems?
Since there's only two other systems I'm dealing with mail with:
sent1 & sent2 ?! Seems a simple enough solution since all I need is to find which system I sent a msg on.
Not sure why I didn't think of this before? ](*,)
frg

Post by frg »

Just don't use any sharing using links or shared profiles. This is completely unsupported. Using rsync or some other product should work but keep a current backup with generations just in case.
Eakamai

Post by Eakamai »

frg wrote:Just don't use any sharing using links or shared profiles. This is completely unsupported. Using rsync or some other product should work but keep a current backup with generations just in case.
Thanks frg! rsync via linux is awesome.
How 'bout DeltaCopy for a windoze system: http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp ?