Is SeaMonkey still working?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
elake

Re: Is SeaMonkey still working?

Post by elake »

elake wrote:Okay, I deleted all the .msf files in my mail folder. There were probably about 50 of them. Then I restarted SeaMonkey. I'm not sure what I expected to happen, but nothing happened. I still cannot access my emails. And none of the .msf files were automatically recreated.

I'm going to do a shutdown and restart to see if that changes anything.

Ed
Okay, I don't know exactly what happened, but when I restarted my computer, everything went back to the way things were on September 12. All my email files are back. All my bookmarks are back. My Mail and Newsgroups page looks normal. Everything looks just as it did on September 12, except that I have 25 emails waiting in my Time Warner inbox. Jeri Ryan from Star Trek Voyager even announced "The com link is active" to advise me that I had new emails.

Wow! That is a load off my mind. I just wish I understood exactly what happened.

Thanks for the help.

Ed
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. Glad to hear things are back to normal, whatever caused that.
elake

Post by elake »

For what it's worth, I just noticed a headline that says, "Microsoft Delays Latest Version of Windows 10 After Reports of Mass File Deletion."

The link: https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-delays-la ... 1829574177
Another: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/6/1794 ... ate-paused

One comment at the first link says,

"Heads up to anyone updating windows. Apparently, if you have documents saved in your user directory, i.e. users/JohnDoe, and not one drive, the update will delete EVERYTHING in that location."

This is all VERY similar to what happened to me about 3 weeks ago. It turned out the files weren't deleted. I just lost access to them until I did a total restart.