spinning ball in Seamonkey 2.49.4

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
cgadziko

spinning ball in Seamonkey 2.49.4

Post by cgadziko »

I've used SeaMonkey on various Macs for years with no problems, but with Version 2.49.4 the spinning ball of rainbow colors keeps popping up every few minutes, preventing me from using the web page I'm on. It spins long enough to seriously interfere with what I'm trying to type -- about 15-25 seconds. If I force quit or just wait it out, I only get one or two minutes before it pops up again.

Did/does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to make it stop happening?

CG
ElTxolo

Re: spinning ball in Seamonkey 2.49.4

Post by ElTxolo »

cgadziko wrote:I've used SeaMonkey on various Macs for years with no problems, but with Version 2.49.4 the spinning ball of rainbow colors keeps popping up every few minutes, preventing me from using the web page I'm on. It spins long enough to seriously interfere with what I'm trying to type -- about 15-25 seconds. If I force quit or just wait it out, I only get one or two minutes before it pops up again.

Did/does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to make it stop happening?

CG
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
ppweb

Post by ppweb »

Same problem here on Mac OS X 10.11.6. Very annoying. Beachballing on almost every text operation and selection.

Deleting webappsstore.sqlite temporariily solves the problem for 2-3 days, then it's beach ball party allover again. That should give us a hint where the bug could be...

In Safe Mode, the lag problem also vanishes.

Installed third-party extensions:
- SQLite Manager
- Password Exporter
- Flash and Video Downloader
- Download YouTube Videos as MP4
- Sea Fox
ppweb

Post by ppweb »

After disabling the Sea Fox extension I seem to be back in business again - jay ;)