SM Windows Changing Position

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Wish You Were Here

SM Windows Changing Position

Post by Wish You Were Here »

More of an annoyance than a real problem, unless it's a symptom of something bigger.

I generally have 3 Windows open with 20-30 Tabs or more in each. Every once in a while, things will freeze, there will be a buzzing sound from the speakers instead of music from Windows Media Player. This can be for a couple of seconds, or maybe a minute or two. Eventually it will clear and go back to normal, but the order of SM Windows as displayed when hovering over the Task Bar Icon will change. A-B-C become B-C-A or C-B-A for example. I've never found a way to drag them back into order like I can with Tabs. The only way to correct this is to restart SM.

The order change also happens when a script hangs on a page. In those cases the freeze and buzzing do not happen.

I don't even know for sure if this is an SM issue or something else.

Using SM 2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751

I know there's an update, but this happened with previous versions also, so I'm not convinced an update will change anything.
therube

Re: SM Windows Changing Position

Post by therube »

AFAIK, the actual issue is Windows.
I've seen what you've described on XP, but not on Win7.

Can't beat 7+ Taskbar Tweaker for fixing MS's screwups with the taskbar.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript