Gmail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Noah Werka

Gmail

Post by Noah Werka »

Early this morning I logged in to Gmail. everything was normal. This afternoon when I went to log in, the page popped up in one of the European languages.

I think it is Dutch: "Geef het laatste wachtwoord op dat je je herinnert voor dit Google-account"

Happened in both FF and SM, the only browsers I use. I have and use a VPN, but it does not matter whether the VPN is active or not. Kinda weird it just started today. It happens on two laptops and a desktop.
I've never seen anything like this before, or will this become the new norm for Gmail? Any ideas?

Noah W
DanRaisch

Re: Gmail

Post by DanRaisch »

If I were you I'd run a malware scan. That doesn't sound like a legitimate request for a password from Google.
Noah Werka

Post by Noah Werka »

I am running full system scans on one laptop and the desktop. What is weird is one of the laptops it came up on has been off for two days. Just started it up today to see if it was the computer or something else. Other than that, all other stuff(logins, redirects and websites) have appeared normal with no alerts or warnings from my antivirus. Dunno what's going on.

Noah W
Noah Werka

Post by Noah Werka »

Down near the bottom of the Gmail sign page is a dropdown menu for selecting preferred language. Didn't have to scroll the page down to log in on the smaller laptop, so I never saw it. On the larger desktop I saw it barely sticking up at the bottom. Sure enough, it was set for the Nederlands language. Changed to English(US) and all is right again. Nothing but a dumb user error caused by inattention.

Noah W
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for reporting your findings, Noah. That's the kind of thing that could happen to any of us.