MozillaZine

Seamonkey doesn't send emails

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Ellioz

Post Posted November 16th, 2018, 7:44 am

Greetings,

I have a problem which is both simple and annoying : I cannot send mails with the mail module of Seamonkey.

Before that, I used CCleaner on my Seamonkey profile - which seems to have been a bad idea. I then had my passwords, for the email module of Seamonkey, deleted, and I had to check "Use passwords" in Edit/preferences / security/ passwords so that Seamonkey saves my email passwords (for incoming mails) again.

Now that my password problem is solved (for the incoming mails) - I no longer have to enter mail password every time I view mails in Seamonkey - I cannot send mail. I create an email and when I click on "Send", absolutely nothing happens. I've tried this with every email account I have on Seamonkey, whether there is text or not in my email...

What is my possible is that, when I cleaned up my profile with CCleaner, the password for sending the email was deleted and that now I have to re-enter it. But I don't know how. When I click on "Send", Seamonkey doesn't ask for any password. But I know that, for any email account, Seamonkey saves two passwords : one for incoming mails (usually imap or pop) and one for outcoming emails (smtp usually). I think that if my passwods for incoming mails were deleted, passwords for outcoming mails must have been deleted, too.

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 16th, 2018, 11:31 am

Before that, I used CCleaner on my Seamonkey profile - which seems to have been a bad idea.

As noted in your other thread: A very bad idea.

There is no way to manually enter a password in SeaMonkey and the program will only ask for a password when it connects to the server and the server requests the password. If you are not seeing a dialogue requesting your password when trying to send it's likely there is something wrong other than stored passwords.

In the email window, check menu path Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings. At the bottom of the left hand pane click on "Outgoing Server (SMTP)->see if there are any entries in the right top of the displayed dialogue. If so, make sure that the server settings are correct based on the requirements of your email providers. (Who are those providers?)

Ellioz

Post Posted November 29th, 2018, 2:16 pm

OK I go to mail / edit / account settings and I just checked the SMTP settings :

mail.gmx.com ; port 587 ; normal password ; STARTTLS

smtp.gmail.com ; port 587 ; normal password ; STARTTLS

smtp.mail.yahoo.com ; port 465 ; normal password ; SSL/TLS

smtp-mail.outlook.com ; port 587 ; normal password ; SSL/TLS

Now, what seems interesting (to me) : if I choose to mail.gmx.com a port of 999, the result is just the same, I click on "Send" on the upper left and nothing happens.

I must add that all these settings worked perfectly fine before I made this unfortunate cleaning with CCleaner.

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 29th, 2018, 7:48 pm

smtp-mail.outlook.com ; port 587 ; normal password ; SSL/TLS

Those are not the values that work for my Hotmail/Outlook account. Try changing to the following:

smtp.office368.com; port 587; Normal Password; STARTTLS

Return to SeaMonkey Support