help with notifications

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
brynn

help with notifications

Post by brynn »

Hi Friends,
When I visit a site for the first time, a little balloon shows up from the address bar, asking me about notifications. Most of the time, I don't want notifications, and I turn them off. But now, I think I might have turned them off, when I really want them. And I can't figure out how to get them back.

I've tried Edit menu > Preferences, but I can't find how to turn back on the notifications. I found Notifications for email. But I don't want email notifications.

You know how in ChatZilla, you can set it so that if you're on another browser tab, and someone says your name, some little text will pop up on the screen to call you over there? What I want isn't with Chatzilla, but that's the kind of notification I want.

How can I turn notifications back on?

Thank you very much!
Anonymosity

Re: help with notifications

Post by Anonymosity »

Is the setting "dom.webnotifications.enabled"? That is in about:config.
brynn

Post by brynn »

If "true" means "enabled" then it's enabled.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

brynn wrote:Hi Friends,
When I visit a site for the first time, a little balloon shows up from the address bar, asking me about notifications.
Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> SSL/TLS -> check field "SSL/TLS Warnings" and field "Mixed Content"

If you want to change something in permissions for particular site (like geolocation) then open "Page Info":
Menu -> View -> Page Info
... or just hit "Ctrl+i"

In tab "Permissions" you can set what you need with e.g. notifications. It is individual for particular site only.
--
brynn

Post by brynn »

I'm sorry for the long delay to respond.

It was the Page Info > Permissions that I needed! So I finally have the notifications set up that I need.

But I never would have thought of looking under "page info" for this. To me, page info, is just info. It doesn't sound like you could find any kind of settings there - just info.

But anyway, thank you very much! Problem solved!