Missing dictionary No spell checker

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
WaltS48

Re: Missing dictionary No spell checker

Post by WaltS48 »

amrad wrote:In Add-ons manager, I have these options in the left-hand pane: Get Add-ons, Extensions, Appearance, Plugins and Dictionaries. If you don't have 'Dictionaries' I think that means that no dictionaries have been installed.

Regards,

Dave.
Open Edit > Preferences > Appearance > Spelling.

That will show the user what language is being used for checking spelling.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

TPR75 wrote:
Ralph6410 wrote:For what it is worth... on my Windows 7 desktop, SeaMonkey 2.49.4 has a working spell checker. I do not know how to check what version it is.
You can use this extension to bring back "version number":
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... ionnumber/
If the Dictionary section of the Addons Manager is missing, then that extension will be of no use.

Nor will the usual method of viewing the version number, i.e. click the 'More' link next to the addon name, as here, for example -

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Ralph6410

Post by Ralph6410 »

amrad wrote:In Add-ons manager, I have these options in the left-hand pane: Get Add-ons, Extensions, Appearance, Plugins and Dictionaries. If you don't have 'Dictionaries' I think that means that no dictionaries have been installed.

Regards,

Dave.
Well.. Not always, on both my Windows 7 (pro and home versions) desktops computers I have working spell checkers but there is no "dictionary" tab in the Add-Ons manager left side pane. My take is that the "dictionary" tab only shows if and when you add a dictionary.
amrad

Post by amrad »

Ralph6410 wrote:
amrad wrote:If you don't have 'Dictionaries' I think that means that no dictionaries have been installed.
Well.. Not always, on both my Windows 7 (pro and home versions) desktops computers I have working spell checkers but there is no "dictionary" tab in the Add-Ons manager left side pane. My take is that the "dictionary" tab only shows if and when you add a dictionary.
I have only one dictionary in my Add-ons Manager.

Regards,

Dave.