Anything equivalent to DownThemAll for SeaMonkey PORTABLE?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
merry widow

Anything equivalent to DownThemAll for SeaMonkey PORTABLE?

Post by merry widow »

Anything equivalent to DownThemAll for SeaMonkey PORTABLE? I'm specifically looking for a downloader that preserves the browser's original date & time. Thanks.

Re: Anything equivalent to DownThemAll for SeaMonkey PORTABL

Post by therube »

Is there anything wrong with DownThemAll?
Portable or not should make no difference (unless there is something in dTa that affects things)?

As far as date/time, in addition to the downloader, that also may be affected by the server/stream.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
merry widow

Post by merry widow »

Uh . . . I thought DTA was discontinued? You're saying I should download the most recent version and just run it?

Post by kerft »

Seamonkey can run legacy extensions. DownThemAll should work fine in it. Extensions rarely introduced security issues or needed security patches, so running old extensions was not usually a security problem.
therube

Post by therube »

dTa works fine, even though aged.
(Last I looked, there were still [automated I suppose] builds being generated, but the program remains unchanged for ages now.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mtalbot

Post by mtalbot »

Agreed. I use DownThemAll with SeaMonkey Portable as I have yet to find an equivalent extension for the current version of Firefox and I really need the functionality.
kerft

Post by kerft »

Someone has tweaked DownThemAll so it can run with only the developer or maybe the nightly version of Firefox. It may have a progress bar removed. https://old.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... l/ei4m5mc/ https://www.reddit.com/r/XUL_for_Quantu ... t1_e3501x2
The developer version updates twice weekly, and the nightly updates twice a day. So this is not for everyone.