Search plugins

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Anonymosity

Search plugins

Post by Anonymosity »

Is there any way to add a search plugin manually to SeaMonkey? I found and was able to edit a search plugin, which was then easy to install in Pale Moon's profile, but SeaMonkey haa no searchplugins directory in its profile any more.

I found a search plugin in addons.thunderbird.net for MetaGer, but when I installed it in SeaMonkey, it created a huge icon. The icon was supposed to be 16x16, but it came out 32x32 when displayed. Is there any way to edit that?
rdtom

Re: Search plugins

Post by rdtom »

The file you are wanting to modify is search.json.mozlz4
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Anonymosity wrote:but SeaMonkey haa no searchplugins directory in its profile any more.
Create one and rename search.json.mozlz4 to search.jsonOLD.mozlz4 and restart for the new folder to be recognised.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Frank Lion wrote:
Anonymosity wrote:but SeaMonkey haa no searchplugins directory in its profile any more.
Create one and rename search.json.mozlz4 to search.jsonOLD.mozlz4 and restart for the new folder to be recognised.
Thanks a bunch. It worked. I now have a workable hybrid search plugin added to SeaMonkey.