MozillaZine

SM 2.49.4 Javascript severe lag / freeze

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
webmoebius

Post Posted July 24th, 2019, 11:08 am

Bac_a_sable wrote:Browser full sceen on main monitor: google map works. It is cpu consuming but all is ok No graphic card, just intel chipset HD graphic on main board. Connected via display port.

Just to clarify, what I was referring to earlier is when a Google Maps is an EMBEDDED OBJECT within a web page and then the map is switched to full screen mode. This is different from directly accessing a Google Maps URL and then maximizing the browser window to "full screen" mode.

webmoebius

Post Posted July 26th, 2019, 5:36 am

therube wrote:frg nagged me for quite a while before I finally updated my Intel HD graphics. When I did, it helped ;-).

Finally, problem solved - and it was in fact in the area as I suspected, the AMD/ATI drivers package. The first obvious clue that this was a system level issue was that it happened both on SM and FF browsers. Another clue was that the existing AMD Catalyst package couldn't display system video parameters when it tried to get video system information from the new monitor's driver. That alone suggested an AMD/ATI Catalyst and driver package update. But after doing a drive C image back up and then uninstalling the old AMD/ATI Catalyst and driver packages replacing them with the latest / last available version for the AMD Radeon chipset on this motherboard, all browser Javascript issues related to system video parameters worked normally. So, statistically once again, I still haven't yet had to use browser safe mode to resolve this issue, and that wouldn't have made a difference in this case either.

I'll be testing in-browser video rendering performance and BD playback performance and quality tests with HD content later to see if rendering performance has improved, but at least this resolves in-browser problems, including Google Maps related failures that didn't work since the display resolution upgrade.

Return to SeaMonkey Support