Spam skips ISP

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
mtwine

Spam skips ISP

Post by mtwine »

I have Fairpoint (now Consolidated Communications) as my ISP. I get spam on my SeaMonkey email that doesn't show up on my Fairpoint email page. How is that possible? And what can I do about it? tx.
ElTxolo

Re: Spam skips ISP

Post by ElTxolo »

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
mtwine

Post by mtwine »

I have my SeaMonkey junk mail all set up but don't understand why the junk would skip my ISP? And is there any way to control that? tx.
LordOfTheBored

Post by LordOfTheBored »

mtwine wrote:I have my SeaMonkey junk mail all set up but don't understand why the junk would skip my ISP? And is there any way to control that? tx.
Your e-mail provider is probably automatically hiding any suspected spam from view. Instead of sorting it into a junk directory, they're just suppressing visibility.
Best explanation I have for why it isn't showing up on webmail, but is through Seamonkey Mail.

Whether there's a way to control it or not depends entirely on how much control the e-mail provider offers. I've got three e-mail accounts from three separate providers, and none of them offers the ability to disable spam filters anymore. (Though one did let me DEFEAT the spam filter by defining a custom filter to move anything from * to my Inbox).
mtwine

Post by mtwine »

Well, the thing that makes it really weird is that my ISP does show some spam, just not the ones that seem to skip it and come to SeaMonkey. Oh well, as long as it doesn't screw up my computer! tx
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Just an idea here, if you get really sick of the spam.
I run Mailwasher Pro & have never had any spam problems.
There are a few that my show up in my ISP site but they take care of them.

You may like to try Mailwasher.
Here's the link to their free version...
> https://www.mailwasher.net/
It gives you the opportunity to check & delete/wash your email
before D/L'ing the safe messages to your M/C.

( I have no affiliation to either MWP or Firetrust. I am just a satisfied user.)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)