Pasting web images into my blog posts.

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
sciencesprings

Pasting web images into my blog posts.

Post by sciencesprings »

SeaMonkey was my preferred browser, my default, until I moved to Win 10.

In Win 10, SeaMonkey stopped pasting images into my blog posts and I was forced to go to Firefox. I think certain faetures of SeaMonkey make it superior to Firefox for me.

I would love to move back to SeaMonkey, but I need to be able to past images from the web into my blog posts.

Is there any help I can get, e.g. something in about:config or something else, an extension?

Thanks for any help.
TPR75

Re: pasting web images inti my blog posts

Post by TPR75 »

sciencesprings wrote:In Win 10, SeaMonkey stopped pasting images into my blog posts and I was forced to go to Firefox. I think certain faetures of SeaMonkey make it superior to Firefox for me.
First thing to do - update SeaMonkey to latest official version:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

Test if it works correct for you (including pasting images). If there will be problems with uploading images then:
1) try to change UserAgent for your blog site:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14804588
...using this:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0
Some lazy webmaster are looking for "latest Firefox/Chrome" instead of browsers' functionalities.

2) if fake UA didn't helped then you can try unofficial (beta) SeaMonkey 2.53.1:
https://www.wg9s.com/comm-253/
But remember to make backup of your profile because you can't simply revert to previous version (2.49.x).

EDIT: You can now install 64-bit version of SeaMonkey. In this case uninstall old one (32-bit) first.
--
sciencesprings

Post by sciencesprings »

Thanks for your help.
sciencesprings

Post by sciencesprings »

Latest discovery:

SeaMonkey works just fine with the blo as soon as i updated to the latest version.

But I have a Facebook Fan page into which I wish to insert images. Here, the images, .jpg or .png, just will not show up.

I am not very technically proficient. Any solution you could suggest would need to be simple, like a change in about:config. Any tricky code is lost on me.

Any help will be appreciated.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

sciencesprings wrote:But I have a Facebook Fan page into which I wish to insert images. Here, the images, .jpg or .png, just will not show up.
You can't see any images or can't upload images?

1) If you're using some extension to block adds (like Adblock Plus) then check settings/filters.
2) If nothing blocks images on your side then try to change User Agent (for all domains related to FB website).
3) If above will not help then test unofficial beta SeaMonkey 2.53.1 but remember about backup.
--
sciencesprings

Re: Pasting web images into my blog posts.

Post by sciencesprings »

So, I am back.

On two computer updated to SM 2.49.5, one computer works perfectly, loading images into my blog posts and the into my Facebook page and my Facebook Fan Page.
The second computer loads images properly into the blog post but then fails to load images into the Facebook pages.

I can compare all of the options to see if both computers are set up the same way.

If someone can tell me what to try and find I would really appreciate it.

I like two things especially for my blog in SM. First, SM handles images better, with one click for the images and the url for the image. Second, when I want to copy a tab, SM leaves the original while FF will not do this.

So, I would like to move back to SM. But I am not going to use different browsers on the two computers, so I am stuck at FF unless I can find what is keeping me from loading images in the Facebook pages.

Thanks for any help someone can provide.
TPR75

Re: Pasting web images into my blog posts.

Post by TPR75 »

sciencesprings wrote:On two computer updated to SM 2.49.5, one computer works perfectly, loading images into my blog posts and the into my Facebook page and my Facebook Fan Page.
The second computer loads images properly into the blog post but then fails to load images into the Facebook pages.
Two computers with the same OS (Win10 x64)? Did you set fake User Agent for Facebook website? For all FB's domains ("facebook.com", "fbcdn.net", "facebook.net", "fbsbx.com")? Did you enabled cookies for all these domains? Here you can find how to do this:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 2&start=15
... of you're not allowing all cookie by default.

How to compare profiles? One method is to compare "config files" ("prefs.js"). You can find them under such path:

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\
-> and then choose profile folder
But remember that cookies and permissions are not stored there.
--