MozillaZine

Mail Shows Numbers Like There Are More Messages

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Bob Fam1

Post Posted December 24th, 2019, 10:11 pm

My SeaMonkey mail Inbox shows like Inbox (11). There are no more messages to read. It changes to other numbers but never 0.

What is wrong? Thanks, Bob.

TPR75

Post Posted December 25th, 2019, 12:59 am

Bob Fam1 wrote:My SeaMonkey mail Inbox shows like Inbox (11). There are no more messages to read. It changes to other numbers but never 0.

Does it occur in latest 2.49.5 version of SeaMonkey?
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

amrad

Post Posted December 25th, 2019, 1:34 am

Hello Bob,

In SeaMonkey mail, at the top of the Folder pane, on the right-hand side (above the vertical scroll bar) there is an icon, if you click on that icon, you will be given three options: Total, Unread and Size, you can select any or all of those options. If you select Unread, that will give you the figure for the number of unread messages. If you select Unread and Total, that will give you two columns of figures, one for Total and one for Unread. The Unread column should show zero when there are no unread messages, the Total column will show the total number of messages regardless of the number of unread messages. The figures are usually bold when there are unread messages.

Regards,

Dave.

Bac_a_sable

Post Posted December 25th, 2019, 1:59 am

I have sometime this.
This is pretty always a junk mail dated in the past (sometimes one week or month; sometimes more). Happens more frequently from a couple of month.
Clic in round green circle to sort by read status and you will catch it.
Do not forget to "re" clic to restore the desired order after this.

Jean-Charles

Note: seamonkey 2.49.5 here

DanRaisch

Post Posted December 25th, 2019, 9:12 am

Is that a POP or IMAP type account.
Do you regularly compact the message folders? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders

Bob Fam1

Post Posted December 25th, 2019, 12:24 pm

amrad wrote:Hello Bob,

In SeaMonkey mail, at the top of the Folder pane, on the right-hand side (above the vertical scroll bar) there is an icon, if you click on that icon, you will be given three options: Total, Unread and Size, you can select any or all of those options. If you select Unread, that will give you the figure for the number of unread messages. If you select Unread and Total, that will give you two columns of figures, one for Total and one for Unread. The Unread column should show zero when there are no unread messages, the Total column will show the total number of messages regardless of the number of unread messages. The figures are usually bold when there are unread messages.

Regards,

Dave.

No matter which of the three options I choose it stays at 11. I have no unread messages. Bob.

Bob Fam1

Post Posted December 25th, 2019, 12:27 pm

DanRaisch wrote:Is that a POP or IMAP type account.
Do you regularly compact the message folders? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders

Yes I compact every time. Bob.

DanRaisch

Post Posted December 26th, 2019, 6:18 pm

POP or IMAP account?

Right click on the name of the Inbox folder in the left hand pane and then click on "Properties" in the context menu that appears. In the next dialogue that is displayed, click on the "Repair Folder" button, then on the "OK" button.

Return to SeaMonkey Support