Receiving / sending email using SeaMonkey Mail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
amrad

Receiving / sending email using SeaMonkey Mail

Post by amrad »

Does anyone know how to change/reset the Sky/Yahoo password for receiving and sending email using SeaMonkey Mail? I've had no luck trying with the on-line method or Sky Support. I'm using SeaMonkey 2.49.5 in Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Regards,

Dave.
DanRaisch

Re: Receiving / sending email using SeaMonkey Mail

Post by DanRaisch »

You need to change the email password in two places. First, on the web mail pages of your provider (Sky/Yahoo in your case) and only after that, in SeaMonkey. In the SeaMonkey mail window, use menu path Tools->Password Manager->Manage Stored Passwords->select the Sky account in the left hand pane of the dialogue displayed and then on the password entry in right hand pane->click on "Remove" to delete the stored password. Close the password dialogue and then click on the "Get Messages" button. When the password entry dialogue is displayed, enter the new password for Sky.
amrad

Post by amrad »

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already tried that without success. I get this error message:

Sending of password for user "*****" did not succeed. Mail server pop.tools.sky.com responded: +

Regards,

Dave.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It sounds as though you’re unable to send or receive messages from the web mail page. Is that true?
amrad

Post by amrad »

Hello Dan,
DanRaisch wrote:It sounds as though you’re unable to send or receive messages from the web mail page.
No, I can send and receive email from the web mail page. The error message I quoted was when trying to receive emails using SeaMonkey Mail. My apologies if I didn't make that clear.

Regards,

Dave.
hardys

Post by hardys »

As I have read in this forum post they are changing customers from pop to imap
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Email/POP- ... 025/page/2

Maybe you can try to setup an imap account.
amrad

Post by amrad »

Hello Hardys,

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at the link you gave and followed links from there to Sky help articles. In one such article, they say to use my Sky ID password for my password in SeaMonkey Mail. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Dave.