Extension Bugs 2.53

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
ndebord

Extension Bugs 2.53

Post by ndebord »

Would like to talk about extensions that both work and fail to work in SM 2.53.xxx

I will start it off with 2 that I have noticed (so far).

Manage Search Engines freezes up SM completely on my Window 7 Ultimate laptop (32 bit version of SM).

FEBE will not allow me to set a backup folder, also freezes up.

I am running SM as a portable app.
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
DanRaisch

Re: Extension Bugs 2.53

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support.
Reason 1: Extensions must be written to work with Thunderbird, not the other way around.
Reason 2: No specific known bug has been identified in connection with this report.
-Px-

Post by -Px- »

Regarding extensions, is Components.classes gone for good? I have a tiny extension which using it, and that extension stopped working in 2.53
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to SeaMonkey Support.
Reason 1: Extensions must be written to work with Thunderbird, not the other way around.
Reason 2: No specific known bug has been identified in connection with this report.
Dan,

Thanks, support is the better place for this.
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I found that Add-ons Button and Restart App Button no longer work. Kind of strange, but sometimes I see the Cookie Monster toolbar button and sometimes not. Cookie Monster still appears in the context menu.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

A little more research. About manage search engines from the icon. Doesn't work, however it does work from Edit/Preferences/Internet Search. Get more search engines works or mozdev.org and mycroft too.

No answer for me (yet) about FEBE.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Repeat of an earlier post... Toolbar Buttons 1.0.2.1 works, not the one that shows up when you click on Addons from the main menu in SeaMonkey 2.53 and then click on Get Addons and search for this extension.
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Anonymosity wrote:I found that Add-ons Button and Restart App Button no longer work. Kind of strange, but sometimes I see the Cookie Monster toolbar button and sometimes not. Cookie Monster still appears in the context menu.
If you load up ToolBar Button 1.0.2.1, talked about in another post here, you get a restart button that works. Don't know about Add-ons Button though.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I am learning to live without them. I found that I can now get an add-ons window from the Tools menu, and I can restart using the restart button in ChromEdit Plus.
Cookie Monster still appears in the context menu, and shows me what the current cookie setting is, but does not seem to allow cookies where they were previously blocked (which is the default).
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

Anonymosity,

Slightly different take. I have found that Toolbar Buttons 1.0.2.1 signed is the one that works best with Seamonkey 2.53. It gives me a restart button there. Haven't used Cookie Monster in some time, but worth a look again.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Cookie Monster was not working well with SM 2.53, so I found another cookie manager: CookieFast. It works, and I was able to patch it to make its "Show Cookies" button work. It does not have quite as many bells & whistles as Cookie Monster, but it will do.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

This still seem to work with 2.53.1 (Already had it installed)

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... kiekeeper/
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Pim

Post by Pim »

I don't know if this is the right thread to add to or if I need to start a new topic, but adding dictionaries for other languages to SeaMonkey 2.53.1 doesn't work. Using the standard "Download more dictionaries" menu you can choose all the dictionaries you want, and they do get installed (they are visible in the Add-ons manager), but they don't show in the Languages submenu of the spell checking system.

Any ideas? Or, are there people who have no problems using dictionaries?
Last edited by Pim on March 9th, 2020, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Groetjes, Pim
ndebord

Post by ndebord »

ndebord wrote:Repeat of an earlier post... Toolbar Buttons 1.0.2.1 works, not the one that shows up when you click on Addons from the main menu in SeaMonkey 2.53 and then click on Get Addons and search for this extension.
Update to the ToolBar Buttons thread. From time to time, Toolbar Buttons fails to load... the kludge solution is to uninstall and reinstall. Why this happens? No clue, but as it is, IMO, an integral part of SeaMonkey, might I suggest that Devs find a way to bake it in to SeaMonkey.... One of the pluses of SeaMonkey has always been the wide availability of extensions to do so many good things.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

No one's stopping YOU from making a Button extension are they?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.