YouTube problem

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Anonymosity

YouTube problem

Post by Anonymosity »

Has YouTube done something to try to block gecko or gecko-derived browsers? With SeaMonkey and Pale Moon yesterday evening, I was unable to play any videos I tried, and got only an error message to the effect of the connection is not working and try again later. I blocked an external javascript called "tampering.js" and everything was fine again. There was no problem with chromium-based browsers or with Safari.
Frank Lion

Re: YouTube problem

Post by Frank Lion »

Anonymosity wrote:Has YouTube done something to try to block gecko or gecko-derived browsers?
No, it works fine for me.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

+1
@Thanks for the User Agent Switcher tips on the WhatsApp thread, think I have the right one.. v.. :)
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

Anonymosity wrote:Has YouTube done something to try to block gecko or gecko-derived browsers? With SeaMonkey and Pale Moon yesterday evening, I was unable to play any videos I tried, and got only an error message to the effect of the connection is not working and try again later. I blocked an external javascript called "tampering.js" and everything was fine again. There was no problem with chromium-based browsers or with Safari.
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

FWIW I'd been running a very old UBL version, check for updates came up with nothing, installed 1.16.4.19 from here.
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-f ... y/releases
A couple of days ago via SM updates it updated to 1.16.4 20......the latest.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.