Zenni Optical - No Frames Pictures

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wpr

Zenni Optical - No Frames Pictures

Post by wpr »

I can't get any of the frame pictures to show in SeaMonkey (Portable 2.49.5) even in safe mode: https://www.zennioptical.com/

Any recommendations for fixing this?

Thanks for any help.
Frank Lion

Re: Zenni Optical - No Frames Pictures

Post by Frank Lion »

They show OK on my 2.53.1 version. Update to that if there's a portable version of it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
therube

Post by therube »

No issues here (2.49 & 2.53).
So test in Safe Mode.

If it still doesn't work, as a test, create a new, clean Profile & verify that it works there.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
wpr

Post by wpr »

Thanks for the replies.

I created a test profile and the pictures appeared in it. I'm quite surprised that running SM in Safe Mode wouldn't act the same. It appears that Safe Mode doesn't really stop all the add-ons and other setting tied with a profile. Correct? I've been using SM for a long time, so there are many modifications to the initial settings.

In a related issue, when creating the test profile, I told SM to use a particular folder. After the test, when deleting this profile, I told SM to delete the files, assuming (wrongly) that SM would only delete those files it had created. It deleted all the other files in that folder, plus a few folders as well. My fault for not being more specific, but SM should NOT be deleting files or folders that it did not create.
therube

Post by therube »

It might not be an extension.
Could even be something as simple as a "cookie" - be it a corrupt cookie, or the blocking of cookies, or 3rd party cookies.
Or some other "blocking" preference that you may have enabled?

(I typically create, use, & delete Profiles by hand - not so much through Profile Manager.
But I would expect Profile Manager, when deleting Profile data, to delete all files within & below the specified Profile location.
[I also do not keep my Profiles in "typical" locations - I specify my wanted locations, so I would also expect the associated "roaming" (or where ever it is) directory to also be deleted by deleting ones Profile (& data files).])
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript