uBlock Origin?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
TPR75

Re: uBlock Origin?

Post by TPR75 »

Frank Lion wrote:
mightyglydd wrote:I was wondering the same thing
Addons Manager checks https://addons.thunderbird.net for extension updates, but uBlock Origin isn't on that site, so...
Just checked and auto-update (using Addons Manager) for uBO works correct - was *.21 and now is *.23 (SM 2.53.4 pre-beta).
--
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

TPR75 wrote:Just checked and auto-update (using Addons Manager) for uBO works correct - was *.21 and now is *.23 (SM 2.53.4 pre-beta).
I did the same as you when I was on *.21 and it did nothing. Either way, not hard to update from git.

Edit: found out why -

Code: Select all

<em:updateURL>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-firefox-legacy/master/dist/update/update.xml</em:updateURL>
...in the install.rdf. Extensions can update 'off-site' if they have their own signed update url. It's rare, but uBlock obviously has one.

Just one that wasn't working the other day when I checked.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
therube

Post by therube »

(
Extensions can update 'off-site' if they have their own signed update url.
NoScript too. [But it hasn't been changed in ages, at this point.]
)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

ublock origin legacy v1.16.4.24 released July 24
epp

Post by epp »

I had no idea there was a version that works with SeaMonkey. I'm not against advertisements, as it helps keep content free, but some ads are really obnoxious.
Debian unstable
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

epp wrote:I had no idea there was a version that works with SeaMonkey. I'm not against advertisements, as it helps keep content free, but some ads are really obnoxious.
well now you know, epp.
the "legacy" version of uBlock Origin is not just only for Seamonkey, it's also for Palemoon & older Firefox releases like 56 and earlier.
while the "modern" version of uBlock Origin is for Firefox versions 57 & greater that have webExtension support

ublock origin legacy v1.16.4.25 released in late August