SEAMONKEY YOUTUBE SUPPORT

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
marico

SEAMONKEY YOUTUBE SUPPORT

Post by marico »

I am using SM 2.53.3 on Windows 7. You Tube has been saying to update my Browser or support will end. Apparently it has ended. I can watch the vid but everything else is blank. How can I update SM to get me You Tube back????
:(

Marico
DanRaisch

Re: SEAMONKEY YOUTUBE SUPPORT

Post by DanRaisch »

See Frank's recommendation in this thread -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3063728
marico

Post by marico »

VOILA!! Frank is so amazing. I have been struggling with this for weeks trying every suggestion on Google. Not a techie.
Thank you Dan and God Bless.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're very welcome.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

YouTube has gotten slower and slower, even though I have used a user-agent override and gotten scripts to restore the comments and disable polymer. I compare that with invidio.us which is as fast as ever.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

marico wrote:I am using SM 2.53.3 on Windows 7. You Tube has been saying to update my Browser or support will end. Apparently it has ended. I can watch the vid but everything else is blank. How can I update SM to get me You Tube back????
Must say, I'm surprised turning off JS fixed this problem, as JS is pretty essential for YouYube to work at all.

Usually, seeing a vid but everything else is blank is a sign of using a Firefox/Chrome/anything spoof useragent. Check about:config for forgotten site specific overrides or User Agent Switcher extension settings.

As for anything else, my YouTube pages, just work, no messages, fast, no stuttering and, er, just work. I've done nothing at all to the site to get it this way, apart from using adblocking and a variation of this to style the page - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p13807241
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
marico

Post by marico »

Actually, after I posted that it worked, I discovered that after I turned off js it had opened up in Firefox. I always keep FF and SM minimized. I have to use FF for my banking because my bank no longer supports SM. The only reason I stay with SM is because I have my own domain and I can use SM as my email client. In the olden days I used Netscape that way. I don't want to have to go out of my browser for Thunderbird. Thanks for your post, I clicked on the url above. You are obviously a techie. I started out in the olden days doing html and created all my stuff. But over time I no longer needed to use it. I was selling on eBay and Bid4Assets and one page was all I needed. Have no clue of all the changes since 2000.
Again...thx. And God bless.
epp

Post by epp »

I'm on YouTube now, checked the preferences and JavaScript is enabled. YouTube is working fine here.
Debian unstable