EXPORT SM E MAIL TO MBOX FORMAT

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wwe

EXPORT SM E MAIL TO MBOX FORMAT

Post by wwe »

How can I export my SM e mail contacts to APPLE MAIL which says it has to the an "mbox"??
DanRaisch

Re: EXPORT SM E MAIL TO MBOX FORMAT

Post by DanRaisch »

Um SeaMoney emails start off a mbox files. You'll find them in the profile folder with the same names as the folders they appear in and with no filename extension. eg. Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey
wwe

Post by wwe »

Thanks but when I go to export which format in the Dropdown menu should I check?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Hold on. Your original post referred to SeaMonkey contacts, but the subject refer to "SM E MAIL" and then your posts asks about mbox format. That format is for message storage, not for storing contacts (contact names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc.). Is it just the contacts you want to transfer to Apple Mail or is it the email messages?
wwe

Post by wwe »

Oh sorry Dan I didn't phrase that correct! Yes it IS just the contacts I want to transfer. I should have specified that better!!

Thanks.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, then you have a couple of options in regard to file formats: https://support.apple.com/guide/contact ... bk1457/mac

In Thunderbird, use menu path Tools->Address Book->Tools->Export then you can use the drop down to select a file format. For Apple Mail you may find that .vcf will work. See the link above for more information.