MozillaZine


Safeway stores(Safewy.com) does not support Seamonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Wish You Were Here
 
Posts: 163
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 1:39 am

Post Posted July 17th, 2021, 10:49 am

Since this thread is about a retail store, I'll add biglots.com. Worked fine until the last couple of weeks. They changed something and the menus no longer work, nor can I log in with SM.

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 21084
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted July 17th, 2021, 11:21 am

Wish You Were Here wrote:Since this thread is about a retail store, I'll add biglots.com. Worked fine until the last couple of weeks. They changed something

Maybe you changed something? Menus all work fine there for me.

You might want to hold off posting about this stuff until you've checked your stuff. After all, it was you who also thought protonmail.com didn't work with SeaMonkey, yet it still works fine for least 2 of us.
Metal Lion SeaMonkey Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Wish You Were Here
 
Posts: 163
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 1:39 am

Post Posted July 17th, 2021, 1:43 pm

More like not changed stuff because I knew stuff would break. Against my better judgement based on a number of threads here, I went ahead and moved to 2.53.x

It seems to have fixed some things, but I' not sure what all it broke. I know it broke AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper, which is something I used all the time. And I see a giant caution that I can't go back to 2.49

So, I don't know if I'm further ahead or farther behind until I know if I can get the Element Hider working again.

Wish You Were Here
 
Posts: 163
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 1:39 am

Post Posted July 17th, 2021, 3:43 pm

Session manager add-on doesn't work, doesn't even appear any more.

I had one for managing and reopening closed tabs ... that's gone. I know you can fo it from Tools, but it isn't as convenient.

Buzzrr

User avatar
 
Posts: 189
Joined: January 24th, 2004, 3:34 pm

Post Posted July 24th, 2021, 5:55 pm

Wish You Were Here wrote:More like not changed stuff because I knew stuff would break. Against my better judgement based on a number of threads here, I went ahead and moved to 2.53.x

It seems to have fixed some things, but I' not sure what all it broke. I know it broke AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper, which is something I used all the time. And I see a giant caution that I can't go back to 2.49

So, I don't know if I'm further ahead or farther behind until I know if I can get the Element Hider working again.
Wish You Were Here wrote:Session manager add-on doesn't work, doesn't even appear any more.

I had one for managing and reopening closed tabs ... that's gone. I know you can fo it from Tools, but it isn't as convenient.


Element Hiding Helper Deprecated since ABP 3.0. Although it might still work with some extensions, it could become obsolete at any time.

So it probably doesn't work any longer. I just tried it on my SM version 2.49.5 and nothing.

By the way I love Session Manager which I couldn't live without! Another most helpful add-on is Quick Passwords.

I'm glad I didn't switch over to 2.53. I have been pondering over it for a long time now, but have wondered if my add-ons would be missing that I rely upon so much.

It happened with Thunderbird as I updated. All of my add-ons got wiped out on that. So from that experience I have been cautious about updating SeaMonkey. As for websites, it doesn't play friendly with some as you have found out. They all want us to upgrade to Google Chrome don't you know! :twisted:

frg
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: December 15th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Post Posted July 25th, 2021, 4:50 am

You can hide out in the past a while longer but 2.49.x becomes useless. We are not trying to break add-ons for 2.53 but some were already broken by mozilla and we need to do some backports for later web features which might break a few more. Usually they can be fixed like session manager:

> Because of security backports which removed obsolete code, Session Manager add-on version 0.8.1.14 or above is required to be compatible with current and future 2.53 releases.

Wish You Were Here
 
Posts: 163
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 1:39 am

Post Posted July 27th, 2021, 6:12 am

Buzzrr wrote:Element Hiding Helper Deprecated since ABP 3.0. Although it might still work with some extensions, it could become obsolete at any time.

So it probably doesn't work any longer. I just tried it on my SM version 2.49.5 and nothing.

By the way I love Session Manager which I couldn't live without! Another most helpful add-on is Quick Passwords.

EHH works fine for me in 2.49.5 I see a lot of posts where something will work for some people, but not others, even if using the same products or versions.. I have no idea why.

'Session Manager' broke in 2.53.X and I could not find a new version using the AddOn Manager.

'Undo Close' is the other one I use the most. Yes, I know there is a closed tab list, but this is much more user friendly. Couldn't find a new version of that either.


frg wrote:You can hide out in the past a while longer but 2.49.x becomes useless.


I would prefer that the future not abandon the past and become less functional. The future should be a step forward, not backward.

frg
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: December 15th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Post Posted July 27th, 2021, 10:39 am

> 'Session Manager' broke in 2.53.X and I could not find a new version using the AddOn Manager.

You mean 0.8.1.14 didn't work?

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/se ... n-manager/

> I would prefer that the future not abandon the past and become less functional. The future should be a step forward, not backward.

Software is not a museum and while we try to not break anything this is not guaranteed. Especially not with the limited resources at hand. We need to do backports or we could just call it quits now. And these backports have prerequisites which have prerequisites...

FRG

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests