Language pack problem. [Linux.]

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Bribert

Language pack problem. [Linux.]

Post by Bribert »

Hello, I'm having problems when adding French and English UK language packs. When I enable either one of them in preferences, on reloading Seamonkey the interface is empty, no buttons, menus, messages etc. I have been able to return to the normal state of Seamonkey by changing the name of the language packs in my profile > extensions so that they don't load when I reload Seamonkey. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way around it so that I can use the interface of my choice? Or is this a bug?
For info, I am using Seamonkey 25.3.5 with Arch linux and also PCLOS.
Thanking you in advance for your help,
Last edited by LIMPET235 on November 21st, 2020, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Linux] to the title.
LIMPET235

Re: Language pack problem. [Linux.]

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to the SeaMonkey support forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Bribert wrote:Hello, I'm having problems when adding French and English UK language packs.
Where are you getting those language packs/dictionaries from?
Dictionaries in WebExtension formats do not work, even though they appear to install correctly. Support for them will be added at a later date. Please install the latest classic version from the dictionary history.
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... y2.53.5.1/
Last edited by Frank Lion on November 21st, 2020, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Bribert

Post by Bribert »

Hello Frank,
Thanks for your reply.
They aren't dictionaries but language packs.
My PC running PCLOS is still running Seamonkey 25.3.2 and the French language pack version 25.3.2 was downloaded from the Seamonkey website in October. I've just tried installing this French language pack again and now it works. So that's solved. Hurray!

On the other hand Seamonkey on my Arch machine is at version 25.3.5 and the language pack English UK at version 25.3.5.1 won't install. I've tried to install the downloaded pack via "Add-ons manager>Install add-on from file ..." but get the message that it's not compatible with Seamonkey 25.3.5.
Any ideas?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Bribert wrote: On the other hand Seamonkey on my Arch machine is at version 25.3.5 and the language pack English UK at version 25.3.5.1 won't install. I've tried to install the downloaded pack via "Add-ons manager>Install add-on from file ..." but get the message that it's not compatible with Seamonkey 25.3.5.
Any ideas?
You need the install the right language pack for the SM version you have.

In your case, you need the pack/s on this 2.53.5 page - https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.53.5
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)