Tangerine Bank site will not open

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
greyowl2

Re: Tangerine Bank site will not open

Post by greyowl2 »

@LinuxUserSince1991

Thanks for the information.
I can follow instructions very well, but I doubt that I would not have the knowledge to proceed with debugging the script on my own.
Also, the last time that the Unresponsive Script Notice came up, I checked the box to not show the notice again so I no longer get the option to choose the Debug the Script button so I don't know if I could use the debugging software. Does the software intervene when the script is opening?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

greyowl2 wrote:but I doubt that I would not have the knowledge to proceed with debugging the script on my own.
Don't worry about it, few people would.

But, more important than knowledge, is the authorisation side I mentioned, bearing in mind those scripts are part of a bank's security protocols! A bank is not going to listen to anyone from the outside about their security and changing the internals of the SM are done by the devs, not users.

That site loads slow for all browsers, including Edge Beta, so to reduce your SeaMonkey 48 second loading time to a 27 seconds Firefox one, maybe just file a SM bug on it. i.e. is it really worth you spending hours on untried software just to save 21 seconds on a page load?

Obviously, if any user-type fixes come up meantime then we'll be sure to let you know.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

@Frank Lion

You make a very good point. These minor inconveniences are not worth spending hours on.

This bank has been beefing up it's security recently. Initially, there was only a small slow down on the site, but it has become greater more recently. I have noticed with other bank and government sites that they are initially poor functioning after they make changes, but they get better with time and improvements.

I can easily tolerated a slow bank site which I am not using every day.

Thank you for the help on this.