MozillaZine

[SOLVED] SeaMonkey's 'e-mail scam' warning

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
LinuxUserSince1991

Post Posted December 30th, 2020, 3:12 pm

With mail from certain senders, SM tells me, with a big, glaring, RED warning:
SeaMonkey regards this message as an e-mail scam

There are only two choices: ignore warning, and an X; both choices do the same thing: close the warning--until the next time I view that e-mail.

These are not scams; they're from people/places whose mail I want to receive.

How can I 'teach' SM that these specific people/sites/places/senders are not scams?
Last edited by LinuxUserSince1991 on December 30th, 2020, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frank Lion

Post Posted December 30th, 2020, 3:21 pm

Edit > Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings > Your account > Junk Settings....then read all the notes on the boxes.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

LinuxUserSince1991

Post Posted December 30th, 2020, 3:30 pm

Okay, well here's a good one: I assumed (and we all know what 'they' say about that!) that all of my previous settings remained intact when I set up a new laptop recently. Nope. Now I feel like a bleeping imbecile for not checking SM's settings first. I was just so sure that my preferences hadn't changed, and based on all of its other behaviors, I had no reason not to think that. Oh well, problem solved...

Return to SeaMonkey Support