server error

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
kirch

server error

Post by kirch »

Hello at the SM forum,

everything works great, settings the same, then I get this error:

The POP3 mail server (inbound.att.net) does not support UIDL or XTND XLST, which are required to implement the ``Leave on Server'', ``Maximum Message Size'' or ``Fetch Headers Only'' options. To download your mail, turn off these options in the Server Settings for your mail server in the Account Settings window.

I have the Leave on Server on. If I turn it off it starts to download 14k emails with 10 duplicates of each from the beginning of SM. I like having them on the server and my local folder, if I turn off Leave on Server, will they be gone and only on my local folder/drive?

Anyway to prevent this? Do I require an upgrade from 2.49.1 ?

Is there a way to remove duplicate emails from SM, and the TB add on didn't work.

Thanks! ~Kirch
therube

Re: server error

Post by therube »

(Any reason you're still using 2.49, & an older version at that, instead of 2.53? [Backup first, whether with a newer 2.49 or 2.53.])

(I don't know Mail...)

Instead of POP, would IMAP be more appropriate?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
kirch

Post by kirch »

Ok, don't want to lose my emails, sent, inbox, etc, is there a solid step by step for backup???

It says POP, I think I tried IMAP and it wouldn't work at att/yahoo. Thanks!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

kirch wrote:... is there a solid step by step for backup???
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14832589
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)