Seamonkey won't load

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rhossack

Seamonkey won't load

Post by rhossack »

When I try to start Seamonkey I get this message

I tried downloading the latest version but this message still displays and Seamonkey won't load

Do I just uninstall SM and start over?
RDaneel

Re: Seamonkey won't load

Post by RDaneel »

To receive useful answers, it may help to provide a bit of information as to your environment (version of Windows, and whether 64-bit or not), how you did your install (what you downloaded and where you downloaded it from), and exactly what you are doing when you say "When I try to start Seamonkey" (menu entry, link on your desktop, double-clicking something in Windows Explorer).
Just sayin'. :)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

The installation process for any recent Windows is normally something like the following:

- Download the seamonkey setup file - ie "seamonkey-2.53.6.en-US.win64.installer.exe"

- Locate this file on you drive it should be approx 40,920 kb -

- Run this file, watch "extracting", accept "yes" to make changes to your computer, click next in the welcome to seamonkey dialog, accept the license agreement, choose standard or custom , and install.

- normally, when the install is completed, unless you have un-checked the box run when done, seamonkey will start.

At what stage did this process fail??

Were you trying to run the downloaded file from within internet explorer? Try running it from File Explorer instead.
therube

Post by therube »

Check the Properties (Target: & Start in:) of the link (pinned item).
Perhaps one or both are amiss (compared to where SeaMonkey is [now] installed, or if they are correct, then there is likely a permissions issue.

Try unpinning, then repinning. That will probably set things straight.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript