Save Concise accident

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Peter Creasey

Save Concise accident

Post by Peter Creasey »

After going to about:memory, I accidentally clicked on Save Concise so that data apparently was saved in 2 locations (which are unknown by me).

Should I try to delete what was saved? If so, how do I do it? Is there any risk in doing it?

Thanks.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Frank Lion

Re: Save Concise accident

Post by Frank Lion »

Peter Creasey wrote:After going to about:memory, I accidentally clicked on Save Concise so that data apparently was saved in 2 locations (which are unknown by me).

Should I try to delete what was saved? If so, how do I do it? Is there any risk in doing it?

Thanks.
These can be large, so not a bad idea to delete them. Go to - C:\Users\uSER\AppData\Local\Temp folder, find them (2 log files) and delete them. There is no risk.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Frank Lion wrote:
Peter Creasey wrote:. Go to - C:\Users\uSER\AppData\Local\Temp folder, find them (2 log files) and delete them. There is no risk.
Frank etal, I went to C:\Users\uSER but there is no \AppData\Local\Temp folder to be found; in fact, there not even \AppData to be found.

Suggestions?
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

I went to File Explorer and typed %AppData% in the search bar and found AppData but nothing there suggests a "log" file and nothing there has been recently modified. Thus, no joy.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Peter Creasey wrote:Frank etal, I went to C:\Users\uSER but there is no \AppData\Local\Temp folder to be found; in fact, there not even \AppData to be found.
Just leave them there then. Those logs are in a Temp. folder anyway and that (temp stands for temporary) will be self cleaned by your Operating System at regular intervals.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Thank you, Frank.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

For future reference, the "Save Concise" files can easily be found by looking in %temp%.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete