How to deactivate checking for new mails...

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
ButchZ

How to deactivate checking for new mails...

Post by ButchZ »

Nexst newbie question:
How to deactivate the checking for new mails if the SM email client is not open (the automatic checking should be active only when the mail client window is open)?
ndebord

Re: How to deactivate checking for new mails...

Post by ndebord »

ButchZ wrote:Nexst newbie question:
How to deactivate the checking for new mails if the SM email client is not open (the automatic checking should be active only when the mail client window is open)?
ButchZ,

In Preferences (Appearances) put a check mark next to Browser, none of the other modules, When SM opens, it will open in the browser module only. You can use the extension ToolBar Buttons (1.0.2.1) to customize your main toolbar by giving you an icon for mail In its options and you would add in your path to Seamonkey and put this info about how to execute SeaMonkey where it asks for info about settings:

seamonkey.exe -mail

On my laptop, I use SeaMonkey Portable, so my path is:

C:\totalcmd\PortableApps\seamonkeyportable\App\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe -mail

As for how and when to download mail, I use the Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings where I leave blank (empty) the check marks for messages. Instead I have it set up to Leave Messages on Server and keep them until I delete them.

In order to get my POP3 email, I have to click on my Name which will then and only then start to download my new emails.

This is how I use SeaMonkey, there are other ways which I'm sure you will learn about here.

Nick
-N- Si vis pacem, para bellum
FrameWork, SeaMonkey(64-bit),Windows 10 Pro (X64- 21H2), WinPatrol, Malwarebytes & Panda Dome