Seamonkey 2.53.7 won't save or restore sessions

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

Seamonkey 2.53.7 won't save or restore sessions

Post by avatar1 »

I just upgraded from 2.43.3 to 2.53.7. (I backed up my profiles first).

When opening the new version, it always opens to a blank window even though I have "restore previous session" set in the preferences. When I open new tabs, and then close the browser, they are not saved.

The Go -> Restore previous session is greyed out, and the "Recently Closed Tabs" and "Recently Closed Windows" menus are blank.

Before the update, I had around 50 tabs saved in my default sesssion. I can open the sessionstore.json file in my profile and see the correct tabs in there, and this file is not overwritten or updated when I try to save a new session. I also tried to restore the sessionstore.bak but the same thing happens. The browser always opens to a blank window.

I have another profile which did open the previous session. That one is set to prompt on exit whether to save the session or not. The default profile is supposed to save automatically. It no longer saves anything. Is there any way I can resolve this? I will be reverting to the old version for now.
frg

Re: Seamonkey 2.53.7 won't save or restore sessions

Post by frg »

This sounds like either a bad add-on or old theme. Try starting SeaMonkey in safe mode and see what goes.
therube

Re: Seamonkey 2.53.7 won't save or restore sessions

Post by therube »

I just upgraded from 2.43.3
Was there a 2.43.3 ? (2.49.3, yes.)

(I just put in 2.40, opened a few tabs, closed it, then opened 2.53.7 into that same Profile.
2.53.7 loaded the existing session as expected.
So in that respect, not seeing any issue.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript