send to back/bring to front

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
kirschpe

send to back/bring to front

Post by kirschpe »

I'm new to composer. I want to overlay a graphic with text. I assumed that send to back/bring to front would reorder the elements on the page - but nothing happens. I looked through the forums but could not find any reference on how to use it.How can I accomplish this?

TIA.
Peter Creasey

Re: send to back/bring to front

Post by Peter Creasey »

Why not just highlight and copy what you want to move and paste it in the new location...then delete the old copy.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

kirschpe wrote:I looked through the forums but could not find any reference on how to use it.How can I accomplish this?

TIA.
Might help, but either way there's not much info around on this - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 6#p2075496
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

From my experience with Composer, I've never come across the option to "move to front" or "move to back". The only options I've ever seen is how to wrap text around an image. Like in this screenshot:

https://www.my64.in.nf/fileshare/compos ... wrap-1.jpg

However, if I understand what you're wanting to do, I would do it with the use of a table. You can make an image act as a background for a table, then just type what you want in the table. This will put the text in front of the image.

The only thing to note about doing it this way is that the image will repeat in order to fill the size of the table. So, if you only want the image to show up once, put some white space in the image itself around the object.

Here's the Table Properties windows for what I'm describing.

https://www.my64.in.nf/fileshare/compos ... wrap-2.jpg

You might be able to use some fancy CSS scripting to do this, but that's beyond my experience and what Composer can do on it's own (as an HTML editor).

Hope this helps.
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)
kirschpe

Post by kirschpe »

Thanks for the replies. I found a solution. Insert graphic. insert text. Anchor (? pin?) text and move it over the graphic. That works.
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

The MS-Windows version must be different than the Linux version. I see no "Anchor" option for images. Interesting.
Gee, I never noticed this before, but I've been tinkering around with Composer since seeing this question and sure enough, I did find the "bring forward" and "backward" options. What you do is, highlight the text you want to move in front of a graphic, then click the "Layer" button (which is next to the Send to Back button). This puts a white "Move" button in the top left corner of what you've highlighted. Now, just drag and drop the block of text to where ever you want it on the page.

This feature uses CSS <style> script to move the elements around the web page. I never used this before. Cool! 8-)
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.2)